Here is a list of ways you can help.
- Pray for us as we prepare our new home at 650 Windsor Street, Hartford. Please contact Gregg Woods in order to donate time, materials or money for this project.
- Volunteer. We welcome your help in preparing and serving the evening meals, currently on Tuesday thru Friday, from 2:00-6:00 p.m., for either all or a portion of that time.
- Donate canned and dry goods with unexpired dates.
- Donate supplies and paper goods, including plastic utensils, soup and serving spoons, styrofoam or paper plates, bowls, hot/cold cups, table cloths and napkins. Consider sponsoring a drive at your place of employment or church to collect these items.
- Make a tax-deductible monetary donation. We encourage churches and organizations to consider adding the Mission to your missions/outreach budget, or to sponsor a fund drive for our organization.
- Donate your vehicle. Donations of vehicles, running or not, to HRM qualify for a tax deduction and some will even qualify for fair market value — the highest deduction allowable by the IRS — if we decide to use your vehicle for daily Mission work.
- Consider a planned gift, such as a bequest upon death, charitable remainder and lead trust/unitrust, making the Mission the beneficiary of life insurance and retirement proceeds, transfer of appreciated securities and property, and via other giving vehicles. Please contact Rev. Gregg Woods if you desire to make a planned gift.
- Give us an opportunity to speak to your church or organization about the mission and services of Hartford Rescue Mission. We can tailor the presentation to your allotted time and interests.
To respond to any items mentioned, please contact Rev. Gregg Woods, Hartford Rescue Mission Executive Director, at (860) 241-0989 or via email.